Creating Manual Purchase Orders Pro Only
After you have read about GlasPacLX POs and set up GlasPacLX for purchase ordering, you can start creating manual POs using the following instructions.
GlasPacLX lets you create purchase orders (POs) using two different methods: manually or automatically through a workorder. In general, manual purchase orders are used for stocking to order regular inventory items and shop supplies (e.g., pens, paper, printer ink, labels, etc.) when you need them on-the-fly. Note: Shop supplies are not intended for resale to customers and will not be saved in inventory. Whereas, automatic POs are used to source and order line item parts from a workorder.
To Create Manual Purchase Orders
Use the following instructions to create manual purchase orders.
1. From the Purchasing menu, select New Purchase Order to open the following window.
2. In the �Vendor ID� field, use the drop-down menu or lookup icon to select the vendor from whom you will be purchasing products. Note: The �Vendor Name� field will auto-fill upon selection of a �Vendor ID�.
3. In the �Ship To Location� field, use the drop-down menu to select the location where you want the products delivered.
4. In the �Delivery Method� field, use the drop-down menu to select how you will obtain the products (Will call, scheduled run, or delivery).
5. In the �PO Date� field, use the drop-down calendar to select the date that you want to create the PO. By default, today�s date will be automatically entered.
6. In the �Order Taker� field, enter the name of the person taking the order, if it�s not the default user who opened this window.
7. In the �Note(s)� box, enter any additional notes or messages that you want to attach to this purchase order.
8. In the �Shipper #� field, enter the packing slip or shipper number for this PO, if available.
9. Click on the first blank line of the Purchase Order Entry grid and fill in the required fields under the �Item #,� �Qty Ordered,� and �Expected Cost� columns. Need Help? Insert the cursor in a field or on the grid and press F1 on your keyboard for more details.
Use the Tab or arrow keys on your keyboard to navigate around the grid. Fill in the other columns as you wish.
Note: A shop supply part is an item that is not recognized by the inventory control system or the NAGS Catalog. If you have entered shop supply parts, the text will turn purple indicating that these parts will not be added to or saved in inventory. Click here to see a shop supply PO example.
If you want to save the purchase order without placing the order, select the Save button. You can open and finish the PO later from the PO Finder; click here for details.
10. After you have made all of your purchase order entries for this vendor, select the Place Order button. The following message will appear to confirm that you want to lock the purchase order and continue.
11. Select the Yes button to continue placing the order.
For details on opening and printing the PO, click here.
For receiving items from an existing PO, click here.