Bulk Miscellaneous Parts Import
If you have large amounts of single priced miscellaneous parts that you would like to import from vendor catalogs or from other systems you may have directly into GlasPacLX, then this new tool will work out great for you! So, if you have a parts list of items with only one price then this will save you tons of data entry with just a few clicks. It will also update current parts in the system so you can run bulk price updates on them!
Before continuing, see Bulk Miscellaneous Parts Import Preliminary Considerations.
Importing Miscellaneous Parts
1. From the Products menu, select Bulk Miscellaneous Parts Import to display the following window.
By default, the �GL Code,� �Discount Product Type,� �Tax Product Type,� and �Price List� fields are automatically filled in to accommodate miscellaneous parts.
Need Help? For details on specific fields, insert the cursor into a field and press the F1 key on your keyboard.
2. In the �Product Category� table, make sure that �Miscellaneous Parts� is highlighted.
3. In the �Import File� field, use the Browse button to locate and attach your *.CSV file.
4. Select the Import button. An Import Successful window appears letting you know the number of records that were imported, as shown in the following image.
5. Select the OK button to complete the process. The new parts should appear in the Miscellaneous Part Finder list. In the following image, the parts we imported show the MISC GL Code in the GL Account column (e.g., Scraper, Back Tint, Sunscreen, etc.)
Now you can edit these miscellaneous parts or add them to orders! It�s easy!