Assigning Specific Discounts to an Insurance Company or Customer
1. From the Customers menu, select either the Insurance Company Maintenance or Customer Maintenance option to display the corresponding finder.
2. From the finder, select the Insurance Company or Customer to which you want to assign a branch specific discount, and then select the Edit button to open the Insurance Company Maintenance or Customer Maintenance window, as shown in the following image.
3. Select the Applicable Discounts button to display the �Discounts for �� the insurance company or customer window, as shown in this example for Allstate.
4. The �Discounts for�� window lists the discounts that are applicable to this Insurance Company or Customer. If the grid is empty, no discounts have been set up which apply to this account. We suggest that you create all new discounts in Discount Maintenance to fill in this grid. Ideally, this grid should already have all the discounts you need. If you find that you need to edit the list of applicable discounts, use the bulleted instructions that follow.
w To add a discount to apply to this customer or insurance company, select the Add button to display the Discounts Finder, and then select the name of the appropriate discount and click on the Select Discount(s) button. Repeat this process as many times as you like.
w To remove a discount from this list, highlight the discount, and then select the Remove button.
5. When you are satisfied, select the Save button.
Now, when you select this account (insurance company or customer) for an order, these discounts will be the only ones you can choose. If there is only one applicable discount associated with this account, it will automatically fill in the Discount ID field; no other options will be available.