Security Setup for Groups
The Security module enables you to give your employees access to the tools they need to do their jobs while restricting access to sensitive areas. Access is granted according to the security group to which a specific user is assigned. So, after you create each security group and designate which areas will be accessible or restricted, you can add individual users. For more details, see Security Overview before beginning this procedure.
Creating a Security Group
1. From the menu bar, select Company and then Security Groups. The Security Group Finder is displayed.
2. Choose a group to modify or select the Add New Group button to set up a new security group. The Group Maintenance window is displayed.
3. In the Group field (required), type a short name to identify this group. (e.g., Admin, Sales, CSR, Install, etc.).
4. Select the Description Field, and type a description of this group name. (e.g., Administration, Sales, Customer Service, Installation, etc.).
5. Select the Maintenance Security tab to permit or deny certain user groups access and privileges to various maintenance, setup, or tool areas via menu options or finders.
6. Select or deselect Maintenance security column options (Use, Open, Print, Save, or Delete) accordingly for each system area (rows) that you want to assign to this user group. Note: By default, all column options are selected, giving this user group access to all of the displayed system areas.
To check every box on the grid, use the Set All button. The Clear All removes all check marks.
7. Select the Report Security tab to display the following window and give the group access to view each report, view and print, or not have access to the report at all.
Select the appropriate checkbox next to each report you want this group to be able to view or view and print. To check every box on the grid, use the Set All button. The Clear All removes all check marks.
8. Select the Action Security tab to display the following window and either allow or not allow access to certain system functions.
Select the appropriate checkbox next to each function you want this group to have access rights to. To check every box on the grid, use the Set All button. The Clear All removes all check marks.
9. When you have finished setting up security access and permission types for this user group, select the Save Changes button.
10. Once you have set up security access for the group, you can repeat steps 2 through 9 for the next group, or you can go on to set up security for the users who will belong to the group you created. Either way, users must be set up after you set up the groups to which they belong.