Some Mac computers will not install the F5 plugin on Firefox. In order to enable the installation, Firefox must be launched with elevated privileges.
- On the Macintosh computer, locate the Applications icon, and double-click to open it.
- Select Utilities from this new window, and double-click to open it.
- Locate the Terminal application, and double-click to launch it.
NOTE: This application should look similar to a DOS prompt that you would see in Windows
- At the prompt, type the following command:
- sudo /Applications/Firefox.app/Contents/MacOS/Firefox
NOTE: While the customer is typing their password, the cursor will not move and no characters will display. This is a security feature on Mac and Linux/Unix systems.