Before you can start using GlasPac®LX, you need to install it on your system. The following instructions are intended to guide you step-by-step through the installation process. This topic covers installation on a standalone machine or a network workstation.
Attention local area network users!
Please consider the following items if you intend to connect a workstation to the server in order to use GlasPac®LX. Otherwise, the workstation will not be able to connect to the GlasPac®LX database on the server.
- Network connectivity from the workstation to the server.
- The root of the drive on the server on which GlasPac®LX resides must be shared to all users with read/write access on the share.
- Make sure that the firewall on the server includes exceptions for SQL port 1433 as well as exceptions for the GlasPac®LX application and Comm app service.
- Make sure that the instance of SQL installed on the server that is to be used for GlasPac®LX has remote connections enabled for both TCP/IP and named pipes.
Attention Terminal Server Users! If the installation is intended for a terminal server machine, stop at step 2 of the following instructions and read the notice for terminal server users.
Attention Windows Vista and Windows 7 Users!
Please be sure you are logged in as an administrator and user account control is turned off before proceeding with the install.
1. Insert the GlasPacLX DVD into your DVD drive to auto-execute the GlasPac®LX Installation.
2. The GlasPac®LX Installation Wizard, shown in the following image, appears to take you through the installation process.
After a few seconds, the following window appears:
3. Close all other applications you are running. Then select the Next button to display the following window.
Attention Terminal Server Users!
If the installation is intended for a terminal server machine, at step 2, select
the Cancel button to discontinue installation. Then on the Windows task bar, select the Start button, the Settings option, the Control Panel, and then the Add/Remove Programs icon. On the Add/Remove Programs window, select Add New Programs and continue using the procedural instructions displayed on each window.
4. The GlasPacLX Install—Select Configuration window.
Select File Server/Standalone if you will use GlasPac®LX on only one computer or if this is the main computer on a network that will hold your database.
Select Network Workstation if this computer is part of a network that will point to a database on another computer. Note: the path to the server from the workstation to GlasPac®LX will be, \\servername\sharename
5. Then select the Next button to display the following window.
The Choose Destination Location window is used to set the location where GlasPac®LX is to be installed.
By default, the destination folder is set to C:\GTS\GLASPACLX. The “Browse” button allows you to choose another drive destination.
We recommend that you use the default location. GTS Services Technical Support will be able to provide more efficient help if the default install directory is used.
6. Select the Next button to open the following window.
7. The Select Program Manager Group window determines the program group to which you will attach the GlasPac®LX icon.
GlasPac®LX should already appear in the field above the list of programs from which you can select. Because the icon is specifically designed for the GlasPac®LX application, there is no reason for you to select any other group on your computer.
8. Select the Next button to display the Select Components window, as shown in the following image.
9. The Select Components window is used to determine exactly which programs from the CD to install on your computer. Your options are:
GlasPac®LX Application—This option installs GlasPac®LX on the computer into which you have inserted the installation CD.
GlasPac®LX Database—This option installs a database server on the computer into which you have inserted the installation CD.
NOTE: If this is an existing install and the current database is named something other than GlasPac LX, the GlasPac LX database box will automatically be checked. If you are aware that the database name is different than GlasPac LX, uncheck the box and a new database will not be installed unnecessarily. Select this option if you are installing a new server or a new standalone installation. If you already have a working database server, do not select this option.
e-Xpress Communications Applet—This option installs the program that connects GlasPac®LX with your other e-commerce trading partners on the computer into which you have inserted the installation CD. Select this option only if this computer is connected to the internet and you intend to use e-Xpress features. Otherwise, do not select this checkbox.
NAGS® GlassMate Data—This option installs NAGS® data on the computer into which you have inserted the installation CD.
Note: Select this option only if you want your NAGS® data stored on this computer. You can also download the latest NAGS Updates from the www.GTScommunity.com website at any time.
10. Then select the Next button to display the following window.
The Start Installation window gives you the opportunity to edit any installation information you have entered in the previous windows.
Note: If you want to edit information, select the Back button until you get to each window that you want to edit, make your changes, and then select the Next button until you return to this step.
11. Select the Next button to begin the installation process.
12. The License Agreement appears, as shown in the following image.
13. You must read and understand the License Agreement. If you want to print it out, select the Print button. Then enter your first and last name in the fields provided, check the “I accept the terms of the License Agreement” checkbox, and then select the OK button to continue.
During the installation process, the following image will appear:
When the installation process is complete, the following window appears.
14. Select the Finish button to exit. The following image will appear.
15. Select the OK button to reboot, or cancel if you do not wish to reboot at this time. Now all you need to do is establish a connection between your database and GlasPac®LX.
Setting up a Server
The following instructions are intended to instruct you on setting up a connection between your computer and the database(s), using SQL Server.
1. The first time you open GlasPac®LX after installation, the GlasPac®LX Server Setup window appears.
2. In the “Server Name” field, use the drop-down menu to select a server from a list of all the computers that are currently running SQL Server on your network. Choose: server name\GTS.
- If you see the network computer that your GlasPac®LX database is installed on, select it.
- If this is a new standalone installation, select the name of the machine\GTS.
3. The “Database Name” field will be blank until a database is created.
4. The “FileServer Location” field will be the root drive on which GlasPac®LX was installed on the server.
5. Click the NEW button to display the following image. The default name for the database will be “GlasPacLX”
Click the CREATE button to begin the database creation.
6. Once the database has been created, the license agreement screen will appear.
7. You must read and understand the License Agreement. If you want to print it out, select the Print button. Then enter your first and last name in the fields provided, check the “I accept the terms of the License Agreement” checkbox, and then select the OK button to continue.
After you have completed the installation steps, the following Software Registration window will appear.
1. Contact GTS Services at 503-684-5066, or 800-563-8555 Monday thru Friday, 5 a.m. – 5 p.m. (PST) to obtain the registration key.
2. When you are given registration key, type it in the “Registration Key” field and select the Register button to open the login window, shown in the next topic.
Now that you have finished installing GlasPac®LX and establishing the appropriate connection settings, you are finally ready to start using GlasPac®LX!
Note: Not all customers choose to purchase the same set of GlasPac®LX features. Therefore, some functions (e.g., Flat Glass) may not be present in the product you are running.
1. On your Windows® desktop, double-click on the icon to display the login window.
2. In the “Branch” field, use the drop-down menu to select “Branch1l.”
3. In the “User ID” field, type DEMO.
4. In the “Password” field, type DEMO and then select the OK button to display the following GlasPac®LX window.
File server path verification
1. In the menu bar, click help|about GlaspacLX
2. On the server, the file server path should read C:\ or whatever drive it was installed on.
3. On the workstations, the file server path should read: \\servername\sharename. For example, \\server\cdrive