Occasionally QuickBooks will fail to launch when you double-click on the icon. This may be caused by the QuickBooks program running in the background. Your computer may then think that QuickBooks is already running and won't launch a second copy.
- From your Windows desktop, right-click on any empty portion of the Task Bar and select Task Manager
- Click on the Processes tab
- Locate QBW32.EXE in the list of programs
- Click on the QBW32.EXE program to select it, and then click the End Process button
- Close Task Manager.
- You should now be able to launch QuickBooks successfully