- Check CoA/add needed accounts
- Sales tax payable
- Desired income accounts (You can refer to income accounts in LX if needed)
- Undeposited funds
- Customer deposits (other current liability)
- Ensure type list in QB matches type list in LX. Added any needed types.
- Export COA as an IIF to customer’s desktop (suggested: name IIf file after customer’s company)
- Use GoToAssist to transfer IIF file to your desktop
- Make note of the customer’s user number.
The next steps can be completed without the customer on the phone
- Move the IIF to customer’s server: desktop>xfer folder>locate branch folder>paste IIF here
- Rename IIF file to Chart.IIF (must be exact)
- NOTE: check folder permissions, if needed request permissions from Systems/Heath. Include file path in request.
In GlasPac LX
- For both parent and child branch, go to Company>Branch>default tab>set Cash account. (Cash accounts need to be unique for every branch.)
- Make sure file path is set in integration tool
- Import CoA using integration tool. You will get errors, ignore all except the last one.
- Map accounts in LX accounting>GlasPac LX GL Codes>map accounts
- Check everything in the account menu, make sure it all appears correct
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 in both the parent and the child. Mapping needs to be the same in both.
- NOTE: you may need to run a script to separate the branches in the integration tool. See Novus AR selector update script
Call Customer back to go over using the Integration tool, or schedule a time to do so.
NOTE: It is recommended to have the customer drive for the following steps
In GlasPac LX
- Let customer know we will create the IIF files for the (Either daily, or weekly depending on customer’s preference)
- Note: Show them how to check the date of the IIF so that they will know that it is a current IIF and is ready to go into quickbooks.
- Locate IIF file on customers system (Will be in the Xfer folder)
- Hover mouse over file until it turns blue/highlights. Do Not click on it. Ctrl+C to copy (right click won’t work)
- Navigate to customer’s desktop
- Create folder for QuickBooks Interface if one doesn’t exist.
- Paste IIF into folder.
- Overwrite or copy and replace existing IIF (customer will not get this prompt the first time, but they will every time the import moving forward)
- File>utilities>import>from IIF>select customer’s IIF file from folder on desktop (QuickBooks will remember this location moving forward)
- Create LX daily Sales report and LX Daily Deposits report
- Check LX daily sales to confirm success of import. Can be compared to Daily Sales in GlasPac LX to ensure all transactions imported/identify any transactions that did not.
- Check open invoice report. Link payments to invoice
- Record Deposits for imported payments
- Ensure customer knows how to enter new payments in QB
The interface can only be open on one user in ALL of Novus. Make sure customer understands and knows to close it as soon as they are done using it.