Flat Glass Maintenance window is specifically designed to handle cut-to-size pieces of flat glass, to which CSRs can add fabrications and options at the time of sale. The flat glass parts that you set up here will be available for selection in Product Lookup to all users, regardless of branch, during order entry.
Setting up Flat Glass
- From the Products menu, select Flat Glass to display the Flat Glass Finder.
- Select the Add New Flat Glass button to display the following Flat Glass Maintenance window.
- Fill in the ID, Description, Category, Discount Type, Tax Type, and G/L fields as required. If you are unsure of what to enter in a field, insert the cursor in that field and press the F1 key on your keyboard.
Note: The following fields do not have F1 help:
Category ¾Use the lookup icon to access the category explorer and choose the product category into which this type of flat glass fits.
Fab/Options Category ¾Use the lookup icon to access the category explorer. Choose the category or subcategory of fabrications and/or options that are applicable to this type of glass. Only the fabrications and options assigned to the parent category and subcategory selected will be available to the CSR to attach to this type of glass on an order.
After entering information in the six required fields (ID, Description, Category, Discount Type, Tax Type, and G/L Account), you can save this record and go back at any time to complete the other pricing fields or make changes.
- If you are going to track the inventory for this item, and you want to be able to source this product on a work order it is recommended you check both the Track Inventory and WO Sourceable check boxes.
- The rest of the fields are reserved for pricing specifications. Determine the type of pricing you want to use and fill in the fields, using the F1 key for assistance. Since there are various ways to price this product, we suggest that you take a look at the pricing options here.
- If you want to assign a standard cost or enter External Product IDs and UOMs to this product, select the Advanced button.
- If you want to add a note to this product definition, select the View Note button. You can set this note to pop up when this product is added to a quote, to be saved with a quote for this product, and to print on a quote for this product.
- When you are finished defining this new product, select the Save button.