LX online customers do not need the auto backup feature due to the fact that the GTS Systems team takes care of the data. If the QuickBooks auto backup feature is not disabled, the backups can quickly fill up the available space allotted for the LX online customer.
To disable the feature
- Log on the QuickBooks company file.
- Select File > Create Backup…
- Click Local backup.
- Click Options.
- Remove the check mark for Remind me to back up when I close my company file every 4 times.
- Click Quicker verification.
- Click OK.
- You will receive a warning that you must browse to a location. Click OK.
- Back at the Backup Options window, click Browse.
- Navigate to C: > GTS > ACCDATA. Click OK.
- Click OK on the Backup Options
- Click Use this Location on the window recommending you save the file somewhere else.
- Click Finish on the Create Backup
- QuickBooks will start a backup. Click the Esc button on your keyboard rapidly to halt the backup.
- Click OK when you receive the Warning window that the backup is canceled.