Follow these steps on the client’s computer that will be sending/receiving EDI Batches
- Install the Microsoft Tool PortQry Command Line Port Scanner Version 2.0 from http://tinyurl.com/4kxoxg4
- Unzip the files to C:\PortQryV2
- Go to http://www.whatismyip.com/ and obtain the IP Address for the customer’s computer.
- Open a command line window by going to Start>Run>CMD
- Type the following commands:
- cd \
- cd portqryv2
- portqry -n IPADDRESS -p both -r 21:22 –l FTPports.txt
Note: IPADDRESS equals the IP Address obtained in step 3
- portqry -n IPADDRESS -p both -r 4000:4005 –l EDI4000ports.txt
- portqry -n IPADDRESS -p both -r 4996:5000 –l EDI4996ports.txt
- Items to keep in mind as you review the log are:
- This is not a full list of required ports for FTP over SSL. Ports 21,22, and 4000 through 5000 need to be open. This is just a sampling of the required ports to provide insight for any potential network issues
- LISTENING - A process is listening on the port on the computer that you selected.
- NOT LISTENING - No process is listening on the target port on the target system.
- FILTERED - The port on the computer that you selected is being filtered.