After the installation of MSDE 2000 is repaired with the MSDE 2000 Release A installation package, MSDE 2000 Service Pack 4 can be applied. To apply MSDE 2000 Service Pack 4, use the following instructions:
- Extract the downloaded copy of the MSDE 2000 Service Pack 4 to C:\SQL2KSP4 by running the self-extracting executable.
- Verify that the GTS ComApp service is still in a stopped state.
- Run the following commands from a command prompt to start applying Service Pack 4:
- cd \SQL2KSP4\MSDE
- setup.exe /upgradesp sqlrun DISABLENETWORKPROTOCOLS=0 /L*v C:\MSDESP4.log
- The Service Pack 4 installation package may leave the MSDE services, MSSQLSERVER and SQLSERVERAGENT, in a stopped state after the installation has been completed. Start both services and verify that a SQL connection can be made.
- After applying MSDE 2000 Service Pack 4, delete the C:\SQL2KSP4 directory.