This document continues the process of setting up email notifications. If you have not already read the previous article in this string, you may want to scroll down and click on the link under Return to main document.
Creating New Templates
We recommend that you create a custom template for each notification that you plan on using (ie: Agent Quote email, Customer Job Complete email, etc.).
An easy way to get started is to:
- Select a system template (ie: Customer: Job Complete)
- Create Duplicate
- Customize the duplicate to meet your needs
First, select a system template and click on the Create Duplicate button:
This will bring up the new duplicated template in the Template Editor:
From here, you will want to:
- Name your template (so that you know what it’s intended purpose is during the selection process)
- Customize the email content (NOTE: You will need some limited HTML knowledge to do this piece)
Add tags (dynamic content that is automatically populated from the order info – they display with # symbols on both sides, ie: #CUST_NAME#) from the Tags list in the right page.
And/or add images (uploaded from your computer) to the email: (uploaded from your computer) to the email:
- Preview your email template: Check out what your email will look like! Go to the Preview tab to see your email preview. For any Tags that you’ve entered, you will see placeholder text (ie: John Doe in this example) in the Preview view. For actual emails, tags will be populated with real data from the order itself (similar to how a mail merge works).
- Save your email template: Once you are happy with your custom email template and how it is previewing, click Save
Continue with the next step in setting up email notifications
Return to main document