This document outlines the procedures and potential messages you can receive when setting up taxes in QuickBooks® for Canadian users.
Tax Set Up: QuickBooks/GlasPac LX Integration v6.3.119
Complete the following steps to complete the QuickBooks/GlasPac®LX integration.
- Set up taxes in QuickBooks per Intuit’s® instructions.
- Create Tax Codes in GlasPac LX to with Tax IDs and Rates matching the taxes set up in QuickBooks.
- Run the Integration between GlasPac LX and QuickBooks.
The integration verifies the Tax IDs and Rates in GlasPac LX against the Taxes in QuickBooks. There are three potential messages that will print in the log file:
- Message #1: Tax [LX Tax ID] has been verified against QuickBooks.
Everything is good, the tax rate matches QuickBooks.
- Message #2: Tax [LX Tax ID] does not match the tax percentage in QuickBooks. Please update the tax record in GlasPac LX to [QB Tax %].
The tax rates are different in QuickBooks in GlasPac LX. Edit the Tax in LX to match QuickBooks.
- Message #3: Tax [LX Tax ID] does not match an existing Sales Tax Item in QuickBooks. Please update the Tax ID in GlasPac LX to match an existing Sales Tax Item in QuickBooks.
The Tax ID in GlasPac LX cannot be matched against a Tax in QuickBooks. Edit the Tax ID to match the QuickBooks Tax Name.